This past weekend my family came up to visit, and it was great to see them, spend time together, and have them see Juliana. Unfortunately, the trend of having new behavior developing on Sundays continued as I developed a fever and symptoms of a breast infection. I called and got started on an antibiotic on Monday which has definitely made me feel better. Again, this seems to correspond with making sure that I rest.
Juliana had her one month doctor's appointment on Tuesday and she's doing wonderfully. She now weighs 7 lbs 8 oz and is 21 inches long. Still a little peanut.
My goals for this week were to rest and try to get over my infection, but also to go out to lunch with a friend. In preparation for a potential outing in public over a time when Juliana might eat, I had been practicing nursing without the Boppy pillow and with a nursing cover. I believe this would've been fine, except for Juliana's newest phase: crying and pulling off multiple times... I have deduced that this behavior is due to gas pains and hope that she will grow out of it soon. Luckily, I didn't need to test public nursing at lunch, but we will keep practicing. I'm looking forward to feeling more free to go out in public for extended periods of time without scheduling around her eating schedule.
We are still extremely blessed by her sleeping schedule. She sleeps very well at night and has longer stretches between nursing at night than she does during the day.
This weekend we will be traveling to West Virginia for a family gathering and I'm interested to see how she handles the hour drive in the car. I do anticipate that she'll probably be cranky once we get to the family gathering due to being overwhelmed by so many people, but we will see.
I'm a bit nervous but extremely excited to head down to Harrisonburg next weekend. It'll be quite an exciting journey and eventful to be sure! I hope all this traveling will mean Juliana will be a great traveller, and since I haven't been home since September, I'm beyond excited to go back.
Still smiley moments during the day, although I wish there were more of these moments instead of the crying from gas.
Here's Juliana at Panera Bread.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment