Okay, so technically Juliana's 1-month birthday is Sunday the 13th, but for all intensive purposes, she's 4 weeks old today, so it's one month in my mind!!
This has been my first week at home, just me and her, and it actually has gone quite well. She was a bit fussy Sunday and Monday nights, we just couldn't get her to wind down enough to sleep, so Tuesday we started our "new" nightly routine. We broke out the infant bathtub, and give her a bath every night. This is such a fun time for both Brian and me because she seems to enjoy it a lot. Plus, it gets her all warm, and snuggly. I guess the bedtime bath soap and lotion (scented lavender) also helps =p Last night, I was prepared to feed her after my shower, but instead, I found that she and Brian were snuggled up asleep on the couch downstairs!
Everyday, there's something different with her patterns. One day, she might sleep alot. Another, she might not want to be held that much. Another, all she wants is to be held. Etc. I know as a mom, I'm not supposed to be selfish, but there are times when I am. I'm selfish when I pop in the passey so I can finish lunch in peace. I delay feeding her a few minutes so I can finish the slice of banana bread as the last part of my breakfast. I'm selfish when I sleep through my alarm at night to feed her (in order to stay ahead of her hunger curve), and instead wake sometime later to her very loud crying... But, at the end of the day, I'm not going to worry myself about it! Besides, when I get that big smile from her, multiple times a day, I know I'm forgiven. Who knows, maybe she really does enjoy that banana bread too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Such a cutie! I can't wait to see you three. :-) Love you!
ReplyDelete