1. We made our first trip to WV for a family function and she did great. She was worn out when we finally got back home, but we didn't have any problems with feedings, traveling in the truck, etc.
2.One of my good friends came up to visit during weeks 4-5 and her trip included an impromptu trip to the pediatrician to discuss the possibility of Juliana having reflux. The prescription of Zantac seemed to immediately relieve her, although the pediatrician said that a baby's crying peaks around 6 weeks with an average of 2 hrs and 45 minutes of crying a day (not at one time), and Juliana was far, far below that. But I was glad to provide her some relief.
3. I made an appointment to go see the Breastfeeding Center of Pittsburgh during weeks 5-6. I should've made an appointment to go weeks earlier as it turns out I was having some issues that were causing me pain, but they told me that I have absolutely no problem with my supply, which is a great "problem" to have! Again, being a first time mom, and with the internet as an unlimited resource, I was a victim of self diagnosis.
4. Weeks 6-7 we headed to VA. It entailed a lot of traveling for Brian, but thankfully, he's amazing and didn't make me feel guilty for wanting to be there. We went down Memorial Day weekend, then I stayed with Juliana for the week to get to spend some time with my family and my grandparents. Then the next weekend, we got to help a cousin celebrate his graduation with almost all of the rest of my family.
5. Weeks 7-8 we were back in Pittsburgh and worked that week on having Juliana take naps in her crib during the day and daily "tummy time." I think the maximum time I've gotten her to sleep in her crib is 30 minutes, but we'll keep practicing. She and I also tried to have an outing once everyday (grocery store runs, etc).
6. The weekend of week 8, we were in VA again for a good friend's engagement party.
7. Week 8-9 (now), we are keeping with our routine, and I feel like she is more like a baby and less like an infant now.


What a cute little princess she's growing up to be already!! Looks like her personality is shining :) Can't wait to meet her! Sounds like motherhood is going well. Keep working on that tummy time. Little bits at a time and she'll be a pro in no time!
ReplyDelete