We went to the doctor last night and got good reports all around. My blood pressure is perfect (110/60), the baby's heart rate is perfect (140), my glucose test was negative (aka no chance of gestational diabetes), my skin looks good, the "bump" has grown 3 cm since last month (which is good, as long as it grows) so I'm measuring in at 30 weeks, my blood counts actually have gone up (12.4 in the beginning to 12.7 now), and I've gained roughly 20 lbs. The doctor commented that she's never seen anyone who's blood counts have gone up during pregnancy, since most women become anemic. It's possible I was dehydrated the first time I went to get my blood work done, but she said whatever I'm doing to get the protein in my diet, I'm doing great so keep it up! Which is funny, because I haven't done anything different... Well I do visit Subway for a 6" Italian BMT at least 1-2 times/week....
Brian told her that I've been eating sweets a lot. He said "craving," but I don't think it's a "craving" since I can live without it, I just enjoy my nightly custard cup of ice cream. Anyway, the doctor said that I don't need to be eating anymore since I'm good on my weight gain. They don't want me to go over 30 lbs gained, but I also have about 11 weeks left if I make it to 40wks, so we'll see... I should be gaining about 2-3 lbs per month. I blame Christmas and Thanksgiving, since I normally gain weight with those holidays, so was surprised that I hadn't gained more.
Just for kicks and giggles, we took an online old wives tale gender predictor test, and according to it, we're having a girl.
Plus, I took a look at the Chinese Gender Predictor Chart, and according to that it's also a girl. So we'll see. I still have no clue. And I feel like all these questions about "how you're carrying" are weird. I have no clue if I'm carrying high or low. And if the baby kicks my ribs or down in my stomach, well that depends on my position. When I wake up in the morning, the baby can be high near my ribs, or when I cross my legs sitting at my desk. The lab tech told me that she thinks we're having a boy because from behind you can't tell I'm pregnant. One of our friends has said that he thinks we're having a girl. I think it's fun with all the guessing! So what do you think?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment