Snippets of conversations with Juliana...
Juliana still insists that the baby is a baby sister, but the name has now changed from Aurora to Tarzan. She will tell me how the baby will be little like Tarzan from the movie, and the baby will say "eh?" just like baby Tarzan says to Kala, the mommy gorilla.
The teachers at school asked Juliana which room the baby will go in, and she said the room with the cribs.
We were listening to Tarzan on the way home, and she will ask and tell me what's going on in all parts of the songs. So, when she asked why Tarzan and his Mommy and Daddy were on a boat in the beginning, I said they were moving to a new house, just like we moved from PA to NC. Then she asked why they moved. I suggested that maybe they moved because Tarzan's mommy got a new job, just like why we moved. She was quiet for a minute and then said, "Oh! I know why they moved! They moved so Tarzan's mommy could make him a new dress!" Okay, I said. Then she went on "Just like we moved so you can make me a new Brave dress!" She mentioned wanting a Brave dress like Merida has a few weeks ago and asked if I could make it for her.
We're headed to see Mary Poppins on the stage, and Juliana is absolutely thrilled and can't wait. She talks about how she wants Mary Poppins and Bert to come to her room and visit for a little bit. I asked her if she wanted to wear a dress. She was very excited by that. I asked if I should wear a dress too, and she said Yes, because I'm a girl. And then she said that Daddy should wear his tie-dye shirt (that we make every time we go to Pipestem), but not a dress because Daddy's not a girl.
We've had a few fights over using the potty because she wants to "pee like a boy" and we have to insist that she can't, but to her disappointment.
We got Juliana a "puddle jumper" float for the times she wants to go swimming at the pool, she was so excited. She kept telling me how when she has her floaties on she won't sink, even though I kept insisting that she won't sink. But apparently it gave her the confidence to "swim" in the pool versus clinging to one of us like a monkey. She's been so excited by the floaties, that she takes a shower instead of a bath so she can wear it in the shower.
We've been having some trouble with Juliana listening to us recently (apparently this has carried over to school too). So, for example, one day on the way home from dinner, she drew lines with a pen all over her leg, which she knows she's not supposed to do. The consequence was to put all of her pens into time out. First thing the next morning, she came into our room and said "Mommy! I've got my listening ears on, can I have my pens back?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment