About

The humble musings and adventures of our family

April/May Schenanigans

Right after we moved, we went to Harrisonburg for Easter and Juliana enjoyed painting and decorating eggs.


Some fun times with bubbles in the bathtub.
We loved the warmer weather in NC compared to the snow we left in PA! So Juliana has had an awesome time wearing all her cute new summer clothes and sandals. She's definitely set her own fashion statements though, and has told me many times that what I've picked isn't "cute" and her teacher wants to see her in something "cute."
I think we've almost checked out all the ice cream places in Chapel Hill... We try to reserve special ice cream trips for days when Juliana has done well with not having potty accidents, but sometimes I just want something sweet... Here she is enjoying Cotton Candy flavor at TCBY.
We found Ye Old Waffle Shop for breakfast.
Juliana made such an immediate impression on a little boy in her class, she was invited for a play date, and we enjoyed meeting them. This was the outfit she picked out...

Shortly after starting her new day care they had picture day at school. Luckily she happened to wear a dress that day, but she's quite photogenic.
Family nap times on the couch (after she already napped 2 hrs in her bed, she wandered out to the living room and promptly fell back asleep).
Sweaty little head.
We drove out to Maple View Farms in Hillsborough (about 10 mins from our house) to get ice cream straight from the farm and enjoy sitting on the porch to eat it.

We go on walks pretty frequently on Franklin Street and stopped at this bakery for fresh beignets one Sunday.
Learning how to take and perfect a selfie.

One day school had an ice cream social and invited the parents to attend. I felt like I should come, even though there was only one other mother there, and afterwards, Juliana wanted to go home and not stay at school. So instead, we headed to the mall where there's a new Children's Museum that opened. She enjoyed exploring and playing with everything, but was a little overwhelmed by the sheer number of kids that were there too.


Lolli and Pop came to visit right before my birthday and they let us go out for a much needed date night. Meanwhile, Juliana got to take them to the playground.





We took a trip over to the UNC Botanical Gardens (free!), and enjoyed looking at all the plants and art.


More sweaty naps.
Memorial Day weekend, we headed over to the apartment's pool. Yes, her lips are blue, but she had a blue freeze pop before we went. And then, the water was cold. We've gone back since and she's had a great time. I'm itching to get her signed up for some swim lessons though so she can feel more confident in the water, and we can feel more confident letting her go in/out.
Her hair has gotten long enough to do an Elsa braid. She was thrilled. She has also announced since that she plans to grow her hair down to her ankles like Rapunzel and she doesn't want to get a haircut (after months of insisting that she wanted to go to a hair salon and get her hair cut).

On Fridays in downtown Chapel Hill, they have a band, and this architecture that releases mist. Juliana absolutely loved playing in it. This particular Friday, Juliana had gone 4 out of 5 days without having a potty accident at home or at school. So, we treated her to Chick-fil-a for dinner, then drove over to Franklin Street to get ice cream at Ben and Jerry's. She was in her stroller, and we were going to walk around while we ate our ice cream. As we were headed out of Ben and Jerry's there were two men who set up drums and a sound system to play along to (a la Drumline). So, we watched them for awhile and then headed down to this mist thing. On the drive home, Juliana said "Mom, I had a lovely time with you and Dad getting ice cream, and watching the drums." I reminded her that we get to do these fun things when she has good days and doesn't have accidents. But her comment caught me off guard (her verbage at least).


Juliana now has a boyfriend (apparently), the little boy she went to his house for a play date (G). I went to pick her up, and she was in the next room up (she'll transition later this summer to the 3/4s room versus the 2/3s room she's in now), so I had a moment to talk to Miss Beverly (she calls her Miss Bubbly, which is so cute). She asked if Juliana and G get together regularly, and I said they got together once. Juliana told Miss Beverly that G was her prince and that he'd come over to her house. I told her that wasn't quite true. So, when I picked Juliana up, I asked her about it. Is G your prince? No, she said. I thought Daddy was your prince. No, she said. Then she was quiet for a little bit and then said "G is my girlfriend." He is? I asked. "No," she said "G asked me to be his girlfriend but I said no." Oh, I said. Then after another minute she said "G is my boyfriend." So who knows what the real story is, but it was cute (coming from a 3 year old at least ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment