About

The humble musings and adventures of our family

Puff Pancake

We made this "Puff Pancake" for breakfast on Saturday and loved it. I love that it doesn't have any additional sugar, so adding on syrup and "snow" (powdered sugar) doesn't seem quite that bad?! =) It was so extremely easy, and all the eggs I figure add in protein as well so it's not as bad as just plain pancakes either... I know, probably wishful thinking...

Turn oven to 400 degrees and cut up 1/2-3/4 of a stick of butter to put in the bottom of a 9x13 casserole dish. Put the dish into the oven while it preheats so the butter will melt.

Meanwhile in a large bowl, add 6 eggs and beat well.
Add 1 c of flour and beat until smooth.
Add 1 c of milk and beat until a little bit frothy.
Add 1/2 tsp of salt, mix in.
Remove dish from oven and pour bowl contents into the casserole dish with the melted butter.
Cook at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.

It will puff up massively (although I didn't get a picture of it until it had already collapsed). Here's the original location I found it at: http://www.71toes.com/2013/03/jackson-souffle-ocean-pancakes-german.html

Juliana loved it. Of course I think if you called anything "pancake" she would love it... =)

No comments:

Post a Comment