About

The humble musings and adventures of our family

Still here...

10% of pregnancies go 2 weeks past the due date... 2% are actually post-due, the rest are the result of a miscalculated due date. Since this baby has measured in perfectly each week based on his/her due date of March 30th, it appears that I am a member of the 2%. Maybe I should've played the Mega Millions a few weeks ago?



The baby is perfect, as he/she has always been.

I am doing very well, perfect blood pressure, on track weight gain, no swelling, sleeping during the night (with the exception of multiple bathroom trips), able to eat whatever I want, no cravings, minimal back pain and discomfort, etc.

The baby will be here by this weekend, guaranteed, since the risks to me and the baby increase past 42 weeks.

Although induction wasn't ever part of the "plan," we also recognize that things don't go according to "plan." I'll have to say that the idea of induction doesn't bother me, I'm grateful to know that there is an end in sight, and very, very excited to meet this baby and discover what kind of person he/she will become. I am more preoccupied with thoughts that my body is not ready for labor/delivery, which will cause complications. This is such a difference from the "perfect" pregnancy I've had so far. I know, however, that the end result is a baby, and that no matter how he/she comes, it will no longer matter once he/she is here. But, I am allowed some moments of emotional self-indulgence nevertheless =)

Brian went back to work today after taking a few days off for his grandfather's funeral. We enjoyed the time we were able to spend with family last week, grieving and remembering an amazing man who lived an awesome life worth celebrating. In retrospect, it was a good thing the baby hadn't come before, and didn't come during. But, that was something we could never have anticipated. And as awful as the reason for Brian's few days off was, and as much as we wanted the baby to come during those days so we would have more vacation days for Brian, we have enjoyed getting to spend the (quiet) time together, resting, talking, planning, dreaming, etc. Most couples never get an opportunity like that before a baby arrives.

So, expect to see new pictures and hear our exciting announcement about the newest member of our family by this weekend or after this weekend. In the meantime, we appreciate love and support, and a minimal occurrence of text messages/emails/phone calls trying to figure out if the baby has come, because, again, I am in the 2%...

No comments:

Post a Comment