Everything went well at the doctor's yesterday. Baby was "resting" with a heart rate of 135 bpm. I think he/she was in a food coma since we ate dinner first. I'm measuring in at exactly 33 weeks, which is good. The baby's still extremely active, but the motions now are more rolling around than kicks and punches (although those are still in there as well). My lower back has started hurting a bit more, but I think it might have to do with all the time I've been spending at the microscope this week setting up and running experiments for research. I signed the "consent for labor, delivery, and recovery" form that the hospital requires yesterday, but essentially I'm just acknowledging that there are risks and unforeseen consequences that can occur with labor and delivery to me, and to the baby. I'm not worried about it.
On the house front, we are currently without steps to the lower basement... We had suspected for awhile that the steps were rotted or rotting, so Brian thought a quick weekend project would be to rip them out, and replace them... Then we discovered that the steps were on dirt. We believe that originally the steps would've been concrete steps, but once the original owners (not the ones we bought the house from) decided to enclose the garage to make the upper basement and add on the current two car garage, they took the concrete steps out and made them wood? Your guess is as good as ours... Anyway, Brian, bless his heart, has been working hard all week to dig all the dirt out, jackhammer extra concrete on the upper side that made the steps extremely narrow, and dig out to pour a concrete footer.
Wednesday, he got the concrete poured, and yesterday before our doctor's appointment he purchased the concrete block that will be used to enclose the space, and then we'll be ready to install the steps. I think his motivation is to get the steps done asap so he doesn't have to do laundry, since there's no way I'm getting downstairs!
I'm currently accepting applications for people to volunteer to cart out all the dirt, and to de-concrete-dust the rest of the house, haha.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I can dust
ReplyDelete