So we've crossed into the 23rd week and the 6th month according to the "book" (What to Expect When You're Expecting). Baby's activity has definitely picked up and is more noticeable. Another development has been slight cramping and abdominal stitches, like you'd get when you go running and aren't breathing properly. I'm pretty sure these are due to the baby being in a certain position and/or the uterus growing.
Still no cravings. Although it does seem that my appetite for sweets has picked up recently. After the first three months and feeling like anything with sugar upset my stomach, I'm glad to be able to enjoy desserts again, but I'm also worried that wanting pieces of cake all the time will contribute to unnecessary weight gain... My appetite changes from day to day. I had a couple of days this week when I really wasn't hungry, then yesterday was starving and ready for dinner the minute I got home. I'm trying to eat in moderation, listening to my body, eating a wide variety of food (protein, vegetables, and fruit), etc. There's also a part of me that wants to eat all the cake now before I face diabetic testing sometime in the next month or so... If I do turn out to need to modify my diet due to gestational diabetes, obviously I'll do what I need, but I'm also hoping and praying that I will not need to worry about it.
We thoroughly enjoyed the wedding last week, and had a great Thanksgiving with Brian's family. We really were happy to see our friends and family and are looking forward to Christmas seeing more friends and family!
On the school front, I've almost finished the draft of my proposal with plans to be finished with it and send it out to my committee by Wednesday. The official date for my defense is set to be Wednesday Dec. 21st from 1-3pm. My committee's been approved, and I feel really great about the professors that have agreed to be on it. In talking with my adviser, it appears that the outcome of the proposal defense is mostly pass (he doesn't know of any fails) and the committee can make suggestions, but obviously these suggestions are constructive to make the research and my project the best possible.
I'm feeling good. Excited for the semester to be over and the proposal defense to be done. More excited to spend a week at Christmas with family and taking a much needed break from school.
Brian's doing well. He'll be taking a couple days off next week with the intention of going hunting. We celebrated his birthday this past week, just low key dinner, but he's thoroughly enjoyed all the cards from family and friends.
Until next time... Love to you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment