I don't know if it was the low pressure system from the rain, or what, but last night the baby seemed to be pretty still when we were headed to bed. So we got our trusty, Costco, industrial LED strength flashlight out, and proceeded to "wake" the baby up. The beam is so bright, I wouldn't be surprised if at some point in time we'll be able to see a hand or foot moving underneath the skin! Anyway, Brian put it on my stomach a couple of times and the baby was still pretty still. Then after he took the light away, the baby started kicking right where the light had been. Brian can now feel the baby's movements (sometimes) as they're getting stronger, but then I took the flashlight and just laid the beam across the surface of my stomach, and then Brian could see the baby moving and kicking as my stomach moved. It was so much fun to see Brian's face light up as he watched the baby respond!
I've been telling Brian to make sure he talks to the baby, that way the baby will recognize his voice when he/she is born. For right now, when Brian talks, the baby is still. I like to think he/she is listening, and enjoys hearing the deep voice. Brian's still joking around about grounding the baby when he/she comes. And encouraging the baby to come whenever he/she is ready, but he's excited to play with him/her once he/she comes out!
Now that I've crossed the halfway mark, there are some days when I feel like March 30th is the perfect length of time away (not too long, not too short), but then the other days it seems like it's way to soon! I really don't think there's anything on a specific to-do list that's making me feel like the date is approaching fast, just life in general moves quickly.
So far, only the people I've told at school know I'm pregnant. I'm curiously awaiting to see when others will pick up on it. Probably sooner than they'll tell/ask me. School is extremely busy, and I have been coming home exhausted most nights. Things will be winding up soon though, for which I'm very, very grateful. I'm behind on grading homeworks, but only one more homework to go for the class, then the final exam. One final project for my ethics class, due Dec. 9th, and on track to defend my PhD proposal sometime during the week of Dec. 19th. I'm EXCITED to get this next step done on the track to PhD, and even more excited to have it done before the holidays.
Getting ready for our friend's coming up for the wedding this weekend, we finally put the crib together:
We figure the only pieces of furniture we still need are a changing table (I want one that can convert to a bookshelf), and a glider/rocker. We were watching Sister Wives the other night, and they got a recliner-rocker for their 18th baby's nursery. I figure, it can go in the corner of the baby's room and then move down to our living/family room. The only thing is, I've been wanting to try to buy as much "Made in America" stuff as possible. Of course, the crib was made in Thailand, but it was Costco, and an incredible deal. I'd consider consignment stores too, but I'm worried about allergies and just who/what was sitting on that fabric before me... Anybody got other ideas?
'Till next time, I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving filled with family, food, and fellowship. We will also be not stressing out with all of the places and things we have to do this busy holiday weekend =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment