About

The humble musings and adventures of our family

Christmas and January

Christmas was at Nana and Papa's, like every year, and all of the family was there. I don't have many pictures, since (1) I was fighting a cold over the big day and (2) I was experiencing the magic of Christmas versus trying to document every single second.

 Here's a snapshot of Christmas morning. Juliana was surprised by Macy (the dog) when she was coming into the room to find her gift that Santa left her (an art desk, complete with art supplies).
 This Christmas, Juliana received lots of baby dolls and baby doll accessories. She LOVES to play pretend with her babies. Here she is eating while Baby Stella joins her for a meal.
 Watching Elmo with Aunt Caitlin. Juliana loves Sesame Street (especially Elmo and Abby Cadabby), Daniel Tiger, and Curious George (all on Netflix for the most part).
By the end, Juliana was a lot warmer to Macy.

 Juliana loves "selfies," or basically looking at herself on the phone.
 Feeding "the baby" from a play bottle.
Taking care of one of her baby dolls. She likes to lay them down and pat them on their chests/tummies.

 We got a Vitamix, so decided to try out a chocolate, peanut-butter banana "milkshake" recipe. Juliana loves being a "big girl", which means drinking from cups without lids and feeding herself.


 She likes to "brush-a brush-a" her teeth by herself too. Her 4 canine teeth have finally poked through the surface of her gums, so she's sleeping a little bit better at nap and night, and a little less cranky overall.
 Watching Elmo with Dad.
 Sleeping with her buds, Elly (elephant) and Snoopy.

 I flew to San Diego for a conference the day of the polar vortex. I couldn't believe it was -8 degrees on the way to the airport! In San Diego it was 66 degrees and the pilot was apologizing it was "so cold"!
 Views of San Diego. I was able to go on a hike during the trip as well.



Sunset on the beach.

 Brian had to have hernia surgery a week ago, so Juliana had to come to the hospital with us to get him set up. After that, I dropped her off at school and went back to wait on him. Here she is having her breakfast snack in the lobby.
 The second polar vortex was even colder!!
 For the last 1.5 weeks I became fixated on knitting a baby sweater and hat for friend's of ours who's little girl is due soon. The buttons are pink elephants, and the sweater is grey. It was a fun project to work on when I was done with school work for the day.

 Here, Juliana and Brian are splitting an orange as an evening snack. This is her "cheese!" face.

 As a snowy day activity, we went to the National Aviary to see the penguins and all other sorts of birds.


We went to a show called Talons where birds flew out over the audience. It was about 25 mins, and I was so proud of her "sitting" during the show!

No comments:

Post a Comment