About

The humble musings and adventures of our family

This morning...

This morning, Juliana was clingy and a little bit crabby. I was tired and upset that I slept through my alarm to go to my first "bootcamp" work out with MOMs club. But after she had her eggs, I put her down and (finally) started eating my breakfast. She pulled her sunscreen out of her diaper bag, brought it to me and was so excited. She handed me the bottle, I set it on the kitchen table, she "danced," i.e. marches on her feet, while "talking" and smiling with eyes wide watching the bottle. So I pretended to pump the sunscreen out and I gently rubbed her cheeks, chin, and forehead. Then she motioned that she wanted more, so I pretended to pump out more sunscreen and rubbed it on her shoulders and arms. She was quite thrilled. I gave her back the sunscreen and she toddled off. Then I noticed that she would put her hand near the top of the sunscreen, rub her head, and look at me while she was doing it as if she wanted me to either notice that she was applying sunscreen too, or for me to affirm that she was doing it correctly. I lauded the praises.

No comments:

Post a Comment