About

The humble musings and adventures of our family

Just had to share this...

I have grand plans for a detailed post about her birthday party, and what our little toddler has been up to, but in the meantime... I stumbled upon this today, and just had to share: http://www.reddit.com/r/beyondthebump/comments/1cqnc1/i_read_all_the_major_books_on_baby_sleep_here_is/

Especially for all the new mommy's out there... When you're at your wits end, you turn to the "professionals" for advice, and the "fix it now" solutions, but sadly, what works for them doesn't always work for you and your baby! Trust yourself and your baby, and all will be well... I still question myself though!! When Juliana starts crying and having a mini-melt down, I wonder if I'm reacting "properly" by keeping a blank face and ignoring the outburst (when appropriate of course), or other times giving her what she wants even if it means that meal time ends early so she can play. When she climbs onto the rocking chair and precariously balances over the arm, does my stern tone saying "bottom in the chair, NOW!" get the point across? When she grabs my face when I'm trying to put her down to sleep and I grab her hand and say "No." and she starts giggling, is she getting it? Sometimes parenting means holding in that guffaw that almost escaped when she was doing something so inappropriate and yet so cute and funny. Oh, and parenting also means having a "friend" for life. One who's incessant "eh-eh" means "pick me up NOW" "I want to see what you're doing NOW" "I want to hold that NOW" "I want to eat that NOW" "No you can't go to the bathroom unless I can come with you" "Are you watching me eat this book you told me not to put in my mouth? Well then entertain me some other way" And, it's so much fun! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment