About

The humble musings and adventures of our family

Balance

Finding the balance is always a struggle for me. It seems like I "find" it only to "lose" it a few weeks later. But, at least the balance seems to be almost "found" at the moment!

Things at school are moving right along. I am more productive than I've ever been, as in my days are very very busy, but still I feel like the "results" are lacking. At least I know that all my work is part of learning the process and it should make things easier in the future!

Things at home are also persistent. Our freezer is now full to the brim again, so it inspires more cooking, and new recipes. Juliana is eating more food, so I feel the need to constantly refill her favorite purees as well as try out new "finger food" ideas, since sometimes, the only way to get her to eat is if she can feed herself. Or taste whatever Mommy and Daddy are having and then go back to running around and playing. In this manner she's tasted shredded cheddar cheese, goldfish crackers, oatmeal, bread, cinnamon roll, and pumpkin bread...

Juliana is still thrilled at day care. A week ago (Thurs Jan 31) she began visiting the 1 year old room, and has a blast. She's the most petite one there, but she's back in with all the boys that she started out in the infant room with, and she loves running around and trying out all the new toys in her mouth. The comments I get are: She's so cute! She looks too little to be walking! She gets around so well! Everything goes into her mouth!

At home, she's become much more verbal and vocal. She's babbling more, and phrasing her tones like she's having a conversation with you. Asking questions, pointing things out, talking to herself... But she also "cries" a lot more as well. Sometimes it's a whining tone, sometimes it's a whimper, sometimes it's a hurt, sometimes it's a bored, sometimes it's a sleepy, sometimes it's a hungry, sometimes it's just to hear herself.

One thing she's picked up from the "big kids" is shaking her head "no." She's not quite doing it at the appropriate moments, but last night, Brian headed upstairs to start her bath, I was holding her and said, are you ready for your bath? She pointed up the stairs, then shook her head "no." Then tried to get down out of my arms, and "cried" a little bit. Once we walked up the stairs though, she was thrilled to see Daddy getting her bath ready with all her fun toys.

Chewing on straps, bags, anything...

Mommy has her phone out! I wanna see!


Can I see? Can I have it? Let me hold it!



She loves carrying around her thermal bag.

Mommy's got the phone out again! Let me see it!

Pulling everything out.

Mouth serves as a third hand sometimes... 





No comments:

Post a Comment